Monday, August 4, 2014

So the Ventura County Fair just started and this display at the store was so inspiring.  It reminded me of the days when the fair was during school and if you knew someone who had a 4H animal you could help them with their animal and get out of school for the day.  My best friend had a long eared rabbit loved it!  I remember the smell of the animals and the hay.  I grew up on a horse ranch so being around that many animals for a day was a treat.  Over the years I've gone to the fair with friends who like the more commercial aspects of the fair, the bands and the vendors, but I would love to take some time and introduce my daughter to the fair I remember.  Visit all the animals, catch the rodeo, watch a few greased pigs evade capture.  I also think I will be adding a few of these items to my home to remind me of simpler times and warm days.


Sorry this quilt is side-ways.  Aurgh, still learning a few fine tuning points to blogging.Bear with me and cock your head sideways.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment